Some users are facing error 901 on Roblox game. The error message contains the following information:
Authentication failed. Problem connecting to Roblox servers. Please try again.
This error is commonly encountered by Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One players. However, on the network you can find users who allegedly see about the same error in the PC version of the game.
Roblox: Error 901 on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
You're in luck: error 901 often resolves itself over time. Most likely, you are dealing with some kind of problems that have arisen on the Roblox servers. Simply put, nothing depends on you - you just have to wait. However, if the error persists, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Restart Roblox and check for the error.
- Check the status of the Roblox servers at the following link.
- Download and install all available updates for the game:
- Go to My Games & Apps on the Xbox home screen.
- Go to the Control tab.
- Select the Updates option.
- Next, select "Roblox" if it will be on the list.
- Uninstall and reinstall Roblox:
- Highlight the game and press the MENU button on the controller.
- Select "Manage game and add-ons" from the list.
- Click on "Delete All" and confirm your intentions.
- Go back to the Xbox home screen and press the "Y" button.
- Write the query "Roblox" in the search box.
- Select the first result and download the game.
- Completely restart your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select Restart Console and confirm your choice.
- Check the stability of the network connection:
- Restart the router or modem.
- Switch from wireless to wired Internet connection (Ethernet cable).
If error 901 has not disappeared from your Roblox, we recommend that you contact Roblox Corporation technical support and tell them your problem.