"Can't read profile path" error occurs when launching the recently released Farming Simulator 22. Translated into Russian, the error message means "unable to access the profile location". Simply put, Farming Simulator 22 cannot be launched because something on the player's PC is preventing it from accessing important configuration files.
Solving the "Can't read profile path" error in Farming Simulator 22
System antivirus. This bug in the latest iteration of Farming Simulator is usually caused by Windows Defender Antivirus. All you need to do is add a couple of game executables to the antivirus exclusion list, and you're done.
You can do this as follows:
- press WIN + I on the keyboard to open the “Settings” section;
- go to the "Update and Security" section, then to the "Windows Security" subsection;
- click on the item "Protection from viruses and threats";
- scroll down to the very bottom of the new window and click on the "Manage ransomware protection" item;
- then click on the item "Allow the application through controlled folder access";
- click on "+ Add an allowed application" and select "View all applications" from the drop-down menu;
- add the executable files "FarmingSimulator22.exe" (in the root folder of the game) and "FarmingSimulator22Game.exe" (in the x64 folder) to the exclusion list;
- close all open windows and start the game.
Farming Simulator 22 will start without problems - no "Can't read profile path" error will occur. [sixteen].